The hate and love affaire with my 1976 Land Rover, a series 3, 109 inch ambulance bodied beauty.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Land Rover update



Ouch, it's pretty cold here in the Netherlands (-10 C). That usually means starting problems for our Landrovers, but to my surprise, the 90 still starts on the first turn, even without glowing for ever (I love that 200tdi engine !!!)

The ambulance was fired up to move it a few inches so I could open both the doors of the garage and she even started after 4 months of doing nothing (great Exide batteries are worth their money)

But the Range Rover is another story, the alternator is acting pretty strange lately and it doesn't really do a great job at recharging the battery, so the RR is a slow a starter. But with a little help of a portable startpack I bought I even get it fired up at -11 C!

Last thing, we bought a replacement engine for the 110. I really wanted a 200tdi to replace the f*cked up 2,5 n/a diesel, but it was to much work. So we opted for another 2,5 n/a from a friend of ours. Now we only need a little warmth so our hands wont freeze to the car (and a engine jack to get the big lump out).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home