The hate and love affaire with my 1976 Land Rover, a series 3, 109 inch ambulance bodied beauty.

Monday, January 23, 2006

What does this button do?

After only 5 days I got a nice letter in my mailbox and I could get some license plates made. Yes I could drive around as much as I wanted to. Of course I took off immediatly to find the most dirty and muddy tracks in the neighboorhood of "de Wijk" (the place where I live - a small village in the south of Drenthe, near Meppel).
I was amazed where you could get with this immense machine, I bumped over rutted farm tracks, fiddling with the yellow knob and red lever. All this gearing - high / low ratio, I had to take a time out.
Luckily I found a really comprehensive manual (again on Victor Rutten's site: www.series3.nl) He spent some painstacking hours getting this whole bunch of Land Rover Ambulance manuals scanned, for which I am very greatful.
After this drive of a few hours I couldn't get this smile off my face, a thing that keeps coming back each time I get muddy in the ambu!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wel Bas..,

Dan wordt het ook tijd om het Ambuwintertreffen mee te maken in Otterlo. Kijk op www.ambuwintertreffen.nl voor eventuele inschrijving. Het is alleen voor de ”mannen”.

Groet,

The Iron Nurse,
Gilbert

1/25/2006 7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wel Bas..,

Dan wordt het ook tijd om het Ambuwintertreffen mee te maken in Otterlo. Kijk op www.ambuwintertreffen.nl voor eventuele inschrijving. Het is alleen voor de ”mannen”.

Groet,

The Iron Nurse,
Gilbert

1/25/2006 7:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home