The hate and love affaire with my 1976 Land Rover, a series 3, 109 inch ambulance bodied beauty.

Friday, March 10, 2006

SNOW FUN!!!!

Last week I had a great time driving the ambulance to work. When I woke at 6:20 am it hardly snowed in de Wijk, but I heard that last night there was some heavy snowfall in Zwolle where I work (30km from my home). So I decided to take the Land Rover to work. On the highway there was no snow at all, even the sun came through the clouds, untill I was half way when suddenly it started snowing like crazy. You could barely see 35 meters in front of the car. The windscreen wipers had a hard time keeping the snow off but I had so much fun. I felt like I couldn't be stopped. In Zwolle I drove past the traffic jam through 15 cm of fresh snow on a lane that wasn't cleaned.

For the first time ever I was the fastest to get away from the trafficlights. I helped a big truck to get up a small hill over the railway, such a great feeling!!!
When I arrived at work the girl at the desked asked if she could call me if there were any problems. Well of course! I spent half that morning getting people on and off the parkingplace (BMW 7-series with rearwheel drive!!! Big TNT van)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Land Rover Ambulance in the snow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home